Sunday, October 17, 2010

~The Wrong Path~

so I began my fasting with great intentions and ernest but, after a few days I began to struggle...not with just the fasting but internally, my soul felt dry and like I was 'missing' something...so I prayed and asked 'what I was doing wrong, why wasnt I feeling what I thought I was suppose to feel?'...went to church this morning and we had our worship minister preaching, his words hit me like a ton of bricks!!

Isaiah 58:6-9
6 "Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
       to loose the chains of injustice
       and untie the cords of the yoke,
       to set the oppressed free
       and break every yoke?
 7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry
       and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
       when you see the naked, to clothe him,
       and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
 8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
       and your healing will quickly appear;
       then your righteousness [a] will go before you,
       and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
 9 Then you will call, and the LORD will answer;
       you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
       "If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
       with the pointing finger and malicious talk

God spoke to me and basically told me, "its not food you must fast for Me...break your yokes child, break the walls you still hold between you and I...truly seek Me, truly walk towards Me and I will protect you, you wont have to watch your back, I have you...just walk towards Me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoxopsRSfdU

So, I am walking towards Him, breaking the ties that bind my heart and weigh me down from walking forward...I am allowing Him to break me, only He can fix me, only He knows the puzzle and its end result...I am trusting in Him only, seeking Him only...fasting food was difficult, I did honestly struggle but, this fast that I am facing scares me and I see my battle before me, it is not going to be pretty by any means but the reward shall be more than GREAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment